Sometimes not attending a friend’s, a relative’s or a close person’s event is never intentional. There are many causes that can make one miss special events for people who mean a lot to them. Putting your apology into a message can work, because maybe you were very far from the one you hold dearest and couldn’t attend their wedding or give your apology to them personally, whatever the case, we have put down some messages you can send to someone for not attending their wedding, whatever your reason. Choose one of the messages below and send it to the happy couple to show them that even though you weren’t there physically, you were thinking of them.
Wedding Messages for If you are Not Attending
- Words alone cannot begin to describe how very sorry I am that I missed your wedding, I hope it was as beautiful as the couple. Accept my apologies my dears and late congrats.
- First of all congratulations on your marriage, I am so sorry I couldn’t be there but I was definitely with you at heart. I hope it was as happy as the photos you sent.
- I would have really loved to be part of your wedding but I am so sorry I missed it, I hope it put a permanent smile on your faces, accept my congratulations.
- I heard the bride was gorgeous and that the groom looked handsome, I am sorry I didn’t attend your wedding my loves, I hope it was a grand one.
- I will forever live with the fact that I didn’t attend your wedding, I am so sorry that I was not part of the happy occasion please accept my apology and late congratulations.
- I can only imagine how beautiful you looked and I honestly hope I would have been there to see you smile as you walked down the aisle. Sorry I couldn’t attend your wedding, please accept my apology.
- I regret not being part of your happy occasion my dear friends; I hope your marriage was successful and that you had an amazing time. Accept my most sincere apology.
- I wish I could have been there to congratulate you personally, unfortunately I was caught up and I couldn’t make it to your wedding. I hope it was as beautiful as you.
- The fact that you are now married really makes me happy, I knew you two were meant to be from the moment you met. I am sorry I couldn’t attend your wedding though.
- You are the loveliest couple I have ever met and I am super sorry that I couldn’t attend your wedding, please accept my apologies.
How You Say Sorry for Not Attending a Wedding
- I hope your wedding was as beautiful as you, have the happiest time as you venture into marriage hood. Sorry I couldn’t be there personally, you were in my mind.
- I hope the day brought you a lot of joy and laughter, may you always be blessed and may death be the only thing that will set you apart. Sorry I couldn’t attend your wedding.
- I really have no excuse as to why I wasn’t there on your wedding; I hope you had a great time as you celebrated your love for each other. Still wish I could have been there.
- You must be a blessed couple for I heard how awesome and amazing your wedding was, wishing you the best in your marriage, sorry I didn’t attend your wedding.
- If I could turn back the hand of time I would have been there to witness such a blessed and happy occasion, congratulations and sorry I was missing in action.
- You were always a blessed couple and I was glad to hear your wedding was successful. Sorry I couldn’t attend your wedding, accept my apologies.
- The thought of not being able to show up for your wedding ceremony saddens me; I would not be available due to uncontrollable circumstances. Ease bear with me.
- Saying sorry is an understatement for having to miss your wedding, I would have done anything humanly possible if I can help it but I have no control over this development.
- I hope you find a place in your heart to forgive me because I will not be opportune to make it to your wedding. Please don’t be angry at me; I promise to make it up to you as we progress in life.
- I have always wished the best on you, how sweet would it have been if I could be present for your wedding, I want you to know you that I will be praying for you wherever I am.
Sorry Message for Not Attending Friends Wedding
- If wishes were horses I would have ridden over all the obstacles hindering me from attending your wedding, but this is a reality, and it saddens me I will not be present.
- I cannot find the perfect words to describe how sorry I am for having to miss your wedding; it is due to developments beyond my reach, I feel down and wish for a miracle to happen.
- I waited so long for your wedding, it is finally here, and I am incapable of attending. I hope you find a place in your heart to forgive me. I really would have been present if I could.
- You mean so much to me thus having to miss your wedding places a significant burden on my heart. I hope you don’t get mad at me for this.
- I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you looking gorgeous and smashing on your wedding, it’s a pity I will be absent nevertheless I still patiently wait for that day.
- I apologize to you with a contrite heart for having to miss your wedding, i am caught up in a bizarre situation, so I have to leave town. I will include you in my prayers.
- I have not seen you as happy as you looked at your wedding pictures; it is just unfortunate that I missed the event because I am too far away.
- The date picked for your wedding clashes with an event that determines my livelihood; I feel so disappointed telling you this. Please bear with me.
- May your marriage mark the beginning of great things in your life. I love to be present, but due to numerous tasks at my place of work and my boss ordered us to work during the weekend.
Unable To Attend Wedding Messages In Advance
- Your wedding topped my to-do list for the month, but it is calamitous that I will be unable to honor you with my presence because something came.
- Have a Happy married life in advance; since I will be missing your wedding, I thought it would be nice to wish you in advance. Make the most of the day and be happy.
- It is unfortunate that I will be missing your wedding after so much planning towards attending. Nevertheless, your marriage must proceed as planned. There is always time to celebrate more good things in life.
- Missing your marriage will be one of my greatest regret of the year. I hope you understand it is not intentional.
- Happy Married life in advance, it saddens me I will have to miss the glorious occasion, I promise to make it up to you. I wish you more favor and mercy after its completion.
- I will be out of town for a while and won’t be back till after your wedding, I had big plans for you, but the decision is beyond me. I trust you to be fine without me.
Apology Messages for Not Attending Wedding Party
- Missing your wedding is my biggest mistake of the month; I was stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.
- I hope putting my apology in writing will help to state how sorry I am for not being able to make it to your wedding, it was practically impossible due to the distance.
- I feel sorry for being far away and having to miss your wedding, trust me I would have teleported if I could. Nevertheless, I am happy you finally nailed it.
- Sorry, what can I do to please you for missing your wedding; I had to change location due to an emergency development that is beyond my power.
- I still feel happy despite missing your wedding, all that matters is that today’s ceremony was successful and you live a happily married life.
- Words cannot express how sorry I feel for missing your wedding. If wishes were horses I would disappear from here down to you.
Sorry Messages for Not being able to Attend Wedding
- I have to congratulate you on a successful wedding ceremony; I heard that the service was well befitting. However, I seek your forgiveness for missing the event.
- I hope that you had a befitting wedding party without me, I tried my best to be present, but I was between the devil and the deep blue sea.
- Today marks one of the most disappointing days of my life, I planned vehemently for your wedding, but I had to miss the event due to uncontrollable developments.
- I hope that you eventually forgive me for missing your glorious wedding celebration, nevertheless I prayed for you all through the period of the event.
- Please forgive me for missing your wedding; I am sad to lose seeing your happy face while walking down the aisle, I promise to make amends.
- Congregation to the newest couple in town, may you have the best of experiences in your newly established Union, it is just unfortunate that I could not make it.
- I missed the most important event of the year, so I owe you an apology. I did everything humanly possible to make it to your wedding but I still could not.
- Please accept my honest apology for missing your wedding; I still feel ashamed of sending this message because I should have done more.
- Words cannot quantify my regret right now for missing your wedding, some uncontrolled development arose, and I was overwhelmed in it.
You May Also Like: