Being there for someone on their birthday is important because it shows how much they mean to you and how much you care about them. But sometimes, due to unavoidable circumstances, we fail to be there for them which is a really bad thing because a person who invites you to their event means they really would love to see you at them. Sending your apology for not attending their birthday is a good thing because it shows you made an effort.
You can also send your birthday gift to them along with your apology. Below are some messages you can send to say you’re sorry for not attending someone’s birthday party. Look through them and choose your perfect reason I am sure they’ll forgive you.
Birthday Messages for if You are Not Attending Birthday Party
- I am so sorry I couldn’t attend your birthday party, I fell ill and couldn’t bring myself to come, I hope you’ll forgive me and know I was thinking of you the whole time.
- I had planned for your birthday party for so long, but I wasn’t feeling well and I couldn’t come. Please accept my apology and my birthday gift to you.
- I know I didn’t attend your birthday party, but I really wanted to be there for you, I was caught up with work and couldn’t leave. Wishing you a belated happy birthday!
- I place you so dearly in my heart and this you already know. I am deeply sorry for not attending your Birthday. Happy Birthday to you.
- You have been a great support to me, and I acknowledge that. I will forever be grateful. Sorry for disappointing. I wish you have a beautiful day.
- Sorry I didn’t attend your birthday party; I was so busy that I couldn’t make time to come. Please accept my apology and gift!
- I tried driving to your party but then I knew I’d be late, I hate the distance between us but what can I do. Accept my belated birthday wishes.
- I promise I will make it up to you, I know we are miles away but I was thinking of you on your birthday the whole time. I hope you had fun!
- I hope you will accept my apologies. You are a great man. I have shown my respect and love for you since our path cross. Have a blissful day.
- Birthdays are a blessing, and everyone who gets into it has gotten a very rare privilege. I am sorry for missing out on your day.
- There are no words that can describe how sorry I am that I didn’t attend your birthday party, I forgot and only remembered when it was too late. Forgive me please!
Unable To Attend Birthday Party Messages
- I promised to always put you first but I am so sorry that I didn’t attend your birthday party. I had somewhere else I urgently needed to be. Please forgive me.
- Someone called in sick, and I had to go help out. I had always planned to be present. I sincerely apologize for my absence.
- You are a great personality. I appreciate your devotion and kindness. I am sorry for not attending your Birthday party. Happy Birthday.
- They said I would be done by the time your birthday party was to begin but I was too busy. I am so sorry for not attending your birthday party. Forgive me!
- Happy belated birthday, sorry I couldn’t come to your party, I was broke and felt embarrassed to come empty handed. I hope you had fun though.
- I remember how we met, the joy and the thrill. Those experiences are still glued to my memory. Happy Birthday.
- Love conquers all things. Even in my absence, my mind was always with you all the way. I am sorry for my absence. Happy Birthday.
- Man makes a plan, but sometimes things happen against our will. I had planned to come to your Birthday. Please forgive me.
- Love is kind and patient. I hope you extend some of such kindness to me. I deeply regret not being in your Birthday. I am so sorry.
- You really don’t know how sorry I am for not coming to your birthday party. My parents refused. I hope you had fun; I’ll give you my gift when I see you!
- I must be getting really old; I didn’t attend your birthday party because I confused the dates. I hope you had a great time dear. Happy belated birthday!
Sorry Messages for Not Being Able to Attend Birthday
- I was just about to leave for your party when I was called in for work, please forgive my busy schedule. I hope to make it up to you soon!
- You are a blessing to me, and I love you for that. I am sorry for missing out on your celebration. Happy Birthday.
- Birthday is a blessing and a source of joy; you will never lose any joy. I am sorry for not being around in your birthday. Have a great day.
- True love may be out of contact but not out of the heart. I remembered your party all through my journey. Something urgent came up. I am sorry. Happy Birthday.
- You are a friend and a brother. I deeply regret not being able to attend your Birthday ceremony. I share in your joy.
- Just as I was about to come to your birthday party, I found out I had to be somewhere else urgently. I know it’s not a good excuse but I promise to make it up to you!
- I was thinking of you the whole time, sorry I couldn’t come to your birthday party. My boss refused to let me leave early. I hope you had fun, hearty belated birthday my dearest.
Excuses Messages for Not Attending Birthday Party
- I cannot believe that I missed the party of the year; I still feel like a bin for not participating. I hope this would not affect our relationship.
- I would have teleported to your birthday venue if I had special powers, but work and traffic played the role as the significant obstruction.
- I feel so sorry for not being able to make it to your party. If dancing naked at a car park will make you forgive me for missing your birthday, I will gladly do it.
- I know that I owe you the world because I messed up by not being available for your birthday party; I am ready to take full responsibility for my action.
- I saw pictures of your birthday party and observed that you had a great party worthy of remembering, it is terrible that I could not attend.
- Due to uncontrollable development, I had to miss your birthday party contrary to our initial agreement; I promise to make up to you next year.
- I deeply regret not coming for your Birthday party, something else came up, and I have to leave town. Happy Birthday.
Apologies for Not Being Able to Attend Birthday Party
- Happy belated birthday, sorry that I missed your birthday, I didn’t intend for an unforeseen situation to hold him up. I promise to compensate you.
- I felt sorry for missing your birthday party because I have been expecting the day for a long time; I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.
- My birthday wish is belated but equally potent; I pray that all your dreams for the day come to fulfillment in due time. I would have sacrificed the world to be at your party.
- It is better late than never, congratulations on your new age. I forgot your birthday party and other critical events of the day because I was indisposed. Sorry.
- It is sad to miss a birthday party of a close ally, but it will be worse if I do not apologize and wish the best on you after the celebration. Please accept my apologies.
- I did not only disappoint you for missing your birthday celebration, but I also let myself down I will undoubtedly improve future events.
- You mean so much to me but I know that I hurt you by missing your birthday party; words cannot express my level of sorrow I feel towards my actions.
- Happy Birthday dear. I had made several plans to attend before I got transferred last week. I am so sorry. Happy Birthday.
- I may have missed the ceremony, but I can still feel the joy and the excitement. Have a blissful year ahead sir. Happy Birthday.
- I had your Birthday gift wrapped properly in my house, as soon as I get back, I will get it across to you. I am sorry for not attending your Birthday. Happy Birthday.
- I love you greatly; please accept my warm regards. I am sorry for not attending your birthday party. Happy Birthday.
- I pray for you this day; you will never lack the goodness of life. I deeply regret not being around for your Birthday. I hope you will accept my apologies.
- Happy Birthday dear. I appreciate the grace upon you. I am sorry for missing out on your birthday. Have a great time dear.
- I made some reservations for your birthday. But few days too, I got a transfer. I am deeply sorry for the disappointment.
- The fact that I missed your birthday wouldn’t stop me from visiting you. I love you so dearly. I should visit you soon. I am very sorry sweetheart.
- Sometimes you plan but it doesn’t go as you suggest, this was what happened last weekend on your Birthday day. I am sorry. Have a great time.
- Forgive my old frail mind; I didn’t attend your birthday party because I forgot the date. I hope you can forgive me!
- It is another year since your last birthday, and you are still as sweet and helpful as you have always been. You are upright indeed.
- Happy Birthday celebration to a rare gem, you are a unique and valuable commodity. Enjoy the day.
You May Also Like: